Five Things to Do With Instant Coffee (You May Not Have Thought Of)
Instant Coffee. Coffee drinkers the world over cringe at those words and shudder at the thought of drinking it. Although I daresay Starbucks has revolutionized the genre with their line of instant coffee. Here’s some things you can use instant coffee for:
- Add a tablespoon or so to tomato based stews and chili’s to deepen their flavor
- Combine one tablespoon instant coffee with one teaspoon each of paprika, oregano, garlic and cumin. Add two tablespoons oil and mix well. Use as a rub on meat before grilling
- Add one or two tablespoons (to taste) to a pint of good-quality vanilla ice cream. Blend well (you may need to use a mixer) for delicious coffee ice cream
- Make mine a mocha: add a tablespoon to brownies or other chocolate-based desserts
- Mocha Dip Or Spread: Mix some finely ground instant coffee or a little bit of brewed coffee or espresso with one tablespoon of brown sugar into cream cheese
- Start slow with adding coffee to your cooking as it’s flavor is intense.
- It may work better to dissolve the coffee in a bit of hot water before adding so there are no undissolved grounds adding a grainy texture to your cooking.
Some information for this post gleaned from: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/810001/cooking-with-coffee and http://www.vanhoutte.com/en-ca/c-the-coffee-blog/coffee-tips/cooking-with-coffee